Friday, December 19, 2008

!!! >:O


Due to my USB not being that great, I have to erase it every time I transfer files on and off it, otherwise it says there is no room and I can't add new/updated files to it. Well, I just erased my 80% completed revision of Project 4: Classification. I previously posted images of this revision in a state of about 30% revised, so you can imagine how different the final revision was going to be. 

AND I JUST DELETED IT ALL!!! At 4p.m. the day before it's due. To make matters worse, I'm subject to the lab hours, so it's not like I can pull an all nighter to redo it. I either attempt to cram it in the next 4 1/2 hours--starting from almost scratch--or let it go, that A grade I tried so hard for, painfully slipping from my grasp. 


Ugh, my blood is rushing. The muscles in my upper body are pulsating. Ugh. I think I know when I'm defeated. 


Karin Sayan said...

I feel your pain. Don't stress too much even without the redo I'm sure you still will pass, I'm just praying for a B, yet feel it may be out of my reach.

Caitlin said...

I feel you also on that. I had a flash drive (my very first one) and I put all my work on it for the semester. A couple weeks before the semester was over I lost my flash drive.
Here I had all of my work on this little drive and I had to re-do all my work. Then some one above must have been looking out for me because a couple days later a teacher found my flash drive out in the parking lot!
No one had run over it-thank goodness and I had all my work still on it! I was very grateful.

Tina said...

Oh man Heather, that totally bites! Ive been thru a stolen purse with a flash drive that had all of my photos of my grandfather and my other dog, Kai, that i lost back in April... all gone. I was in the process from transferring from Win to Mac. All GONE now.

Yup, FUCK is the right word honey. I said that a million times when my flash drive was stolen. It was a 4 GIG.

Danielle said...

Heather! That's awful. What did you end up doing?

h. van de mark said...

Thanks for sharing in my misery everyone. Guess this is bound to happen at least once in a designer's life huh?

For those curious, I started to work on the revision again and after about ten minutes I realized there was no way I was going to have it done by 9 (when the lab closes). And I figured I'd be the first to go in portfolio replace. So, I said the f word one more time, then went out and karaoke-ed with friends. Gotta make the best out of a bad situation.