Sunday, November 30, 2008

Project 6, Phase 3 - TEXT

Hello, class. I'm having trouble reaching the 300 words for Project 6 (Packaging). Below is my content so far. Hopefully, you'll understand what I'm doing by reading it, but in case you don't, I'm re-purposing bricks as book ends for a haughty home furnishing line. If you have suggestions for things you'd like to read about that would fit along the lines of what I've written, please comment!

General audience:
Well off home owners that prefer simplicity and understatements (or even natural antiquity) to opulence and luxury in their home decor.

Text so far:
Brick Ends
from No Mortar … building great design brick by brick

Uncomplicated design need not connote unattractiveness. At No Mortar, we prefer a minimalist approach to house furnishings. Our authentic class B engineering bricks in fire red will enhance your rugged, exposed brick walls or be a well-crafted juxtaposition to your home décor. This brick set are perfect shelf ends for the minimalist, au naturel or artisanal home.

Built for strength, this brick set is capable of holding books, heavy or oversize books, magazines, records, CDs, DVDs and other items in an erect position on shelves or mantels. Each brick has a unique texture with shallow caverns and pin-hole chasms. The three-hole pattern in each brick not only lightens the weight to prevent excess strain on its ledge, but also adds dynamic visual depth.

Remove the wire holders with scissors to release your brick ends.

  • Class B engineering bricks
  • Fired clay, water and sand
  • 2 dimensions
  • 2.7 kg per brick
  • Made in the U.S.A.
No Mortar’s Home Collection includes well crafted, minimalist home furnishing made from the earth’s most natural sources of clay, sand, stone, wood and water. www.nomortar.com

3 comments:

Karin Dodge said...

I see you abandoned the whole wine bottle thing. I think your text is fine, I wouldn't worry about the 300 words, as long as the text is good, the word count doesn't matter as much. It sounds as though your bricks are just plain, no designs or paintings?

Sam Ricks said...

That's funny, I've actually used bricks as book ends before! I think the text is good. Like Karin said, I'm not sure the whole 300 words thing matters that much. If it does, maybe you can go in to the firing process that makes the bricks so durable or something like that.

h. van de mark said...

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm not sure, I feel like the one time I think it won't matter will be the time that it does. Oh well, I guess I will just see what happens.