Thursday, October 15, 2009

Poster Design

Here's the latest poster for Turn Around Norman. The music is very cool and jazzy (that's not meant in a demeaning way.) I couldn't get away from a sort of 40s film noir vibe. You can listen to some tunes at: We Turn Around.com. So I tried to capture that. Real modern typeface--really, this type is categorized as modern--with some sans serif. Many shades of grey. I went with orange instead of red for readability, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think the circles and dots create a neat light effect--lighting being very important in film noir. I don't know... not a total film noir poster but somewhat reminiscent of it, maybe? How'd I do?



2 comments:

Sam Ricks said...

Love it! It's got a very neat feel to it. Nice typeface choices, too.

h. van de mark said...

Thanks Sam! :)