Thursday, October 30, 2008

REDESIGN, Project 3: Call to Action

I'm a strapped for time this week. But I had an epiphany and am now redesigning my phase 4 comps for Project 3. While I like where I'm going with this, I'm wondering if I've "been in the monkey house too long" and can't smell the stink.

So here are the before and afters. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions--if you don't like the new ones, please say so, considering the professors won't hesitate to point out everything wrong, I'd rather not walk into class disillusioned that I had a good idea, but then again, maybe you'll like them...? I'd greatly appreciate comments, although understand, again with the time budget, I don't know what changes, if any, I'll be able to get to. But thanks!

Magazine ad:
















Post card: the redesign isn't quite finished, and I forgot to make a jpg of the old version--but it was horizontal and it had a picture of the movie poster and book cover and it said VISION.


3 comments:

Karin Dodge said...

i like them, they are totally different from your 1st design - a whole new style, but what do I know. I am struggling with everything. Time is the killer. i would like to give you specific comments, but find my brain power lacking these days. No matter what the teachers say, remember, you always get another redo, which is what keeps me going.

Justin Codd said...

nice redesigns! The two covers for No Country for Old Men still look odd abutted to each other. The typography looks great, though.

my word verification for this comment is:
squar

Sam Ricks said...

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I like the redesign a lot. I think you might try to use the background text and play with the type to fit the entire title of the movie in. A tough assignment, but I think you can pull it off. I really like the idea, though!